Wednesday, August 19, 2009

burst of beaden

Today in Portland, we are experiancing record-breaking heat. Maybe it was the icy chill of these images that drew me in to escape the heat...but this morning I am really loving the work of Jon Klassen of burst of beaden. His illustrations have appeared in various films, including Portland-made Coraline, children's books, and commercials. Most recently he contributed to a book titled We are the Friction that is a collaboration between writers and illustrators...this is definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.



I think this sailboat image is going to need to be purchased soon...or perhaps the beach house below...decisions decisions!!





2 comments:

Mark and Valerie Brandt said...

Jon Klassen from Mtn. Lake MINNESOTA?!?!??!?! Find out. How neat that this artist has my maiden name and I knew a guy named Jon Klassen when I was in elementary school and he was in high school....

kiki said...

hahaha...Dave said the exact same thing! We looked into it and he is from Eastern Canada...crazy about the name though!!