Monday, October 12, 2009

What I'm Reading

Right now I'm in the middle of real food by Nina Planck. I'm really enjoying her take on un-complicating what to eat. Simple, whole foods like milk, cheese, eggs, and butter are presented as good for you. It has been very interesting to hear the flip side of the low-fat trend. I'm not sure that I'm ready to switch to whole raw-milk, but it's encouraging to hear that maybe those comfort foods we all love and have been eating for centuries aren't causing the obesity epidemic in America. Maybe 'real' food is actually good for us an all the low-fat, low-cal, low-carb science foods are the ones making us sick.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to make myself a piece of whole wheat toast and not feel a bit guilty about slathering on some real Tillamook butter.

No comments: