Tuesday, January 4, 2011

South Beach Sunshine

So, it may be the unprecedented winter sunshine we've been having here in Portland, but every where I turn I keep seeing South Beach design! I've never been to Miami (and I'm not entirely sure I even want to) but there is just something about this iconic era captured in all it's candy-box deco glory that is to die for! I love the color, the fonts, the frozen-in-time feeling...it's so different from the Pacific Northwest that it's a bit refreshing! So, I hope you enjoy a bit of sunshine...I hear we're due for rain tomorrow...





This one is a bit hard to read, but if I do ever visit this would be a must-stop! "Miami Design Preservation League"

Image via TypArchive (thanks Ben!!)

Pharrell (N*E*R*D front man & South Beach resident) was also recently featured on The Selby. Well worth a stop by to see his crazy pop-art space.

No comments: