Friday, May 15, 2009

Tree-Trunk Side Tables/Seats

When we got married a few years ago, I used a found tree trunk as part of our 'beach decor'. At the time, I really, really wanted to keep the stump as a side table in our apartment. Apparently, stumps are very, very heavy and my husband nixed the idea almost immediately. I guess even getting it onto the beach required a team of five very able guys, and our constant apartment hopping meant no unbearably heavy furniture :) However, since then, lots of stores are offering replicas and I can't decide which one I want!!



Below, West Elm. Above, my wedding.

LinkBelow, Urban Outfitters. I'm sure you've seen this one; it's been on the blog circuit!

Below is a foam representation from the Netherlands, found via de51gn.


Below is more international representation from Weylandts in New Zeland.



I think this might be my fav. It is a smaller version of my own DIY trunk table/seat. I wish this would have existed then...the scale is much more realistic for transportation! Found via Danny Seo.

3 comments:

Mark and Valerie Brandt said...

We have four stumps outside our porch from the ice storm in 2007. A friend cut them down and cut them up to look like four seats and then cut another piece to look like a table...ask to seem them sometime...

kiki said...

oh wow!! i'd love to see them...next time we're in iowa :)

Natalie said...

I just found your blog! Love it...so inspiring...you have great taste! Hugs, Natalie