Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Textile and Illustration

Why is it that so many textile designers are also illustrators? What amazingly talented individuals! Here are a few pieces that have caught my eye today. I think that the 'Brave Bear' piece is going to need to be purchased very soon...


I would love to cover a bench in our entry way with big tufted pillows covered in this beautiful Hable Construction fabric. What great clementine beads!


Noah's Ark illustrated textile and the beautiful 'racists' silhouette is from Alice Stevenson, found here. I love the ornamentation on the deer's antlers. The wool blankets are from British designer Eleanor Pritchard...I can't decide if I would rather have the orange and gray or the brown and gray, but I know either choice would be supremely cuddly and full of British Isle warmth and charm.




This beautiful Organic Cotton quilt is by Raksha Bella. Someday I hope to have a sun room with my iron daybed from childhood serving as a couch/lounge/bed...this sun-washed quilt would go perfect!

No comments: