Friday, July 24, 2009

Birthday at the Amusement Park

So, my birthday was last week. That morning when I woke up, my hubby (DB) presented me with quite the conundrum. I was to choose if we would spend the day 1) Antiquing in Aurora or 2) at Oaks Amusement Park here in Portland. It was a tough, tough call, but I choose the latter and we had a BLAST! Neither of us had ever been to Oaks before...and it was sooooo fun. Such a carnival atmosphere. I loved all the colors, the kinda wonky wonderment of it all, and I got some great pictures!












Next time we go, I really, really hope we can go roller skating too. It was closed this time, but I hear that it is so old-school and really kitschy. I have another friend getting married soon and I think we will have to have her bachelorette party there :) After the amusement park, we dined at Le Pigeon; an EastBurn staple. It was wonderful and we followed that up with a long walk in NW around Chapman Elementary (where the swifts fly) and then just had to get a piece of cake at Papa Haydn's (since we were in the neighborhood, of course)!

2 comments:

Mark and Valerie Brandt said...

Kimberly sounds like you had a great time! I hope your birthday was great!!!!

davidbenjaminbrandt said...

I wish it was still you birthday! that was a pretty good day :)